Prep/Cooking Time: 35 minutes Serves: 5-4
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated Ginger
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (or chilli flakes or paprika powder)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets, cut into 2 inch pieces (approx 1 medium sized head of Cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Chickpeas
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 cups thick Coconut Milk (approx 1 can)
- Heat oil in a pot and add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering, add garlic, ginger and onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes till the onions start turning slightly brown.
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, curry powder, chilli powder and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes till the tomato puree reduces a bit and the whole thing starts looking like a paste.
- Add cauliflower, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes (if using), water and coconut milk. Bring this to a simmer, and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes till the cauliflower is fork tender but hasn’t turned mushy.
- Taste and adjust salt, and turn off the heat. Top with chopped coriander if you like and serve hot with steamed rice.